Welcome to Leg Kick TKO, a MMA blog that’s dumber than offering a leg to Rousimar Palhares.
UFC 150 is coming up on Saturday and I figured I'd try to sell all of my one reader on the whole event. The main draw is the main event rematch between current Lightweight champion, Benson Henderson and the man he beat for the title, Frankie Edgar. The first fight was incredible, and the best part is you can watch it for free on the UFC's website, right here!
Nik “the Carny” Lentz vs. Eiji Mitsuoka
- Lentz’s Style – Wrestling and BJJ
- Mitsuoka’s Style – Wrestling
- Prediction – Mitsuoka will do better wrestling and win a decision over Lentz
- Knee-jerk thoughts - Eh, I'm wary of this fight. Two grapplers usually means sloppy kickboxing, but there's a chance for a good ground fight between these two.
Dustin “the Disciple” Pague vs. Chico “King” Camus
- Pague’s Style – BJJ, Jesus
- Camus’s Style – Absurdism, wait, no, wrong Camus. Kickboxing
- Prediction – Pague will out be-bigger-than Camus, get the fight to the ground, and win by submission
- Knee-jerk thoughts - I have medium hopes that this will be an entertaining fight to start off the FX portion of the event. No real basis for that, just a dumb, gut feeling.
Ken Stone vs. Erik “El Goyito” Perez
- Stone’s Style – Wrestling, being smooth (always)
- Perez’s Style – BJJ
- Prediction – If Kim Winslow is the ref, Perez via phantom submission. If not, then by regular submission.
- Knee-jerk thoughts - Again, this could either be bad kickboxing between two grapplers, or a fun ground fight. I'm hoping for the latter, but MMA is good at crushing hopes into a fine powder, then peeing on the powder.
Jared “the Messenger” Hamman vs. Michael “Judo” Kuiper
- Hamman’s Style – Football
- Kuiper’s Style – Judo, probably
- Prediction – Kuiper will do all kinds of judos to Hamman, but won’t be able to stop him, so a decision victory for the Dutchman
- Knee-jerk thoughts - Hamman can take a lot of punishment (Though he does have 3 KO losses), so I hope to see a guy get knocked loopy at least four times.
Dennis “the Menace” Bermudez vs. Tommy “Wild Card” Hayden
- Bermudez’s Style – Wrestling
- Bermudez’s Dumb Alternate Nickname – Dennis “Fu-fessional” Bermudez
- Hayden’s Style – BJJ
- Prediction – Hayden will probably get slammed around a lot, but I think he catches Bermudez with a submission
- Knee-jerk thoughts - Bermudez is dumb
Justin “the American Kidd” Lawrence vs. Max “Blessed” Holloway
- Lawrence’s Style – Kickboxing
- Former Lawrence nickname – Justin “the Hammer” Lawrence
- Nickname for Lawrence's camp due to his acne - Team Blackhead House
- Holloway’s Style – Kickboxing
- Prediction – Lawrence with a knockout
- Knee-jerk thoughts - This fight should be really fun with two young strikers going at it. I expect lots of cool kicks and junk.
Yushin “Thunder” Okami vs. Buddy Robberts
- Okami’s Style – Wrestling
- Robberts’s Style –Uh, freestyle?
- Prediction - Okami will do a lot of wrestling and grind out a decision.
- Knee-jerk thoughts - Robberts looks really rough for only being 29
Jake Shields vs. Ed “Short Fuse” Herman
- Shields’s Style – American jiu-jitsu
- Shields’ Unofficial Nickname – Jake “Rorse Facie” Shields
- Herman’s Style –Wrestling
- Prediction - Shields is probably a better grappler than Herman, so I'll say he gets the win by submission
- Knee-jerk thoughts - Horse Face vs. Ginger is on a UFC PPV event. Awesome.
Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone vs. Melvin “the Young Assassin” Guillard
- Cerrone’s Style – Kickboxing and Brazilian jiu-jitsu
- Guillard’s Style – Wrestle-boxing, American-Whu-Hit-U
- Guillard's Attributes - Explosive, Athletic
- Prediction - While there's a chance that Cerrone hurts Guillard standing and finishes the fight with a submission (Which is pretty common for both Cerrone to do and to happen to Guillard), I think Melvin takes off Donald's head with a big power shot
- Knee-jerk thoughts - Simon Phoenix must have been a big influence on Guillard's look (Kevin Randleman, too)
Benson “Smooth” Henderson vs. Frankie “the Answer” Edgar
- Henderson’s Style – Wrestling/grappling
- Alternate Henderson Nicknames – “Robert Guillaume” Benson Henderson, Benson “And Hedges” Henderson, Benson “Bendo” Henderson
- Edgar’s Style – Wrestle-boxing
- Alternate Edgar Nicknames – Frankie “Two-Times” Edgar
- Prediction – Edgar out-wrestles Henderson early, but won’t be able to hold him down (Like the first fight), and Henderson gets a submission victory late in the fight
- Knee-jerk thoughts - This fight will be awesome.
So that's the card. Hope you watch, I think it'll be fun stuff. Once again, check out Henderson vs. Edgar I right here!