Welcome to Leg Kick TKO, a MMA blog that’s more confrontational than a Diaz.
UFC 152 is coming up on Saturday (YAY, FINALLY LIVE UFC FIGHTS AGAIN!) and it features two title fights. I am so crazy excited, it is crazy how excited I am.
Prelim Fights (Facebook)
Welterweight: Kyle Noke vs. Charlie “the Spaniard” Brenneman
- Noke’s Style – Boxing (Kangaroo-style)
- Brenneman’s Style – Wrestling, being a Joe what defeated some Pros
- Prediction – Brenneman wrestles upon Noke for a decision
Bantamweight: Mitch Gagnon vs. Walel “the Gazelle” Watson
- Gagnon’s Style – Wrestling
- Watson’s Style – Jiu-jitsu, sleuthing
- Prediction – Gagnon wrestles upon Watson for a decision, though I would like for Watson to win (based solely on him being born down in the West Texas town of El Paso, though I'm not sure if he fell in love with a Mexican girl there)
Welterweight: Seth “Polish Pistola” Baczynski vs. Simeon “the Grin” Thoresen
- Baczynski’s Style – Freestyle
- Thoresen’s Style – Brazilian jiu-jitsu
- Prediction – I think Thoresen will out-grapple Baczynski and submit him
Check out the rest of the card after the break!
Prelim Fights (FX)
Featherweight: Jimy “the Kid” Hettes vs. Marcus “Bama Beast” Brimage
- Hettes’s Style – Judo
- Brimage’s Style – Muay Thai, Dragon Ball Z
- Prediction – Hettes is going to toss Brimage all around the cage like he did to Nam Phan, but I think he’ll get a submission out of it in the end. Granted, Brimage could use his gymnastic skills to land on his feet and connect with a Kamehameha, but that just seems a tad far-fetched.
Welterweight: Sean “the Punisher” Pierson vs. Lance Benoist
- Pierson’s Style – BJJ
- Benoist’s Style – BJJ
- Prediction – I expect a sloppy kickboxing match between two ground specialists, and I’ll take Pierson by knockout.
- Note – Sean Piereson was scheduled to face Dan Miller, but Miller withdrew after finding out his son would be getting a much-needed kidney transplant earlier this month. Dan Jr. is doing well (Pee-ing! On his own), so congratulations to the Miller family!
Lightweight: TJ Grant vs. Evan Dunham
- Grant’s Style – BJJ
- Dunham’s Style – BJJ
- Prediction – Again, I’m expecting more sloppy kickboxing, this time with Dunham taking a decision victory.
Light Heavyweight: Igor “the Duke” Pokrajac vs. Vinny “Pezao” Magalhaes
- Pokrajac’s Style – Wrestling, boxing
- Magalhaes’s Style – BJJ
- Prediction – I like Magalhaes, so I’ll go with him by submission (He is very good at them)
Main Card (PPV)
Featherweight: Cub Swanson vs. Charles “do Bronx” Oliveira
- Swanon’s Style –Freestyle
- Oliveira’s Style – BJJ
- Prediction – Oliveira is going to make Swanson look really foolish on the ground and submit him.
Light Heavyweight: Matt “the Hammer” Hamill vs. Roger “the Hulk” Hollett
- Hamill’s Style – Wrestling
- Hollett’s Style –BJJ
- Prediction – Hamill is healed up, he will wrestle Hollett into a decision through deaf-guy strength.
Middleweight: Michael “the Count” Bisping vs. “All American” Brian Stann
- Bisping’s Style – Kickboxing
- Stann’s Style – Striking
- Prediction – Stann knocks out Bisping with his mighty Marine power
Flyweight Tournament Final/Title: Joseph "Joe B-Wan Kenobi"/"Joe Jitsu" Benavidez vs. Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson
- Benavidez’s Style –Wrestling, Bro-zillian Bro Jitsu
- Johnson’s Style – Wrestling, baseball
- Prediction – I really like Johnson, but I think Benavidez wins with a brollotine choke.
Light Heavyweight Title: Jon “Bones” Jones vs. Vitor “the Phenom” Belfort
- Jones’s Style – Wrestling, Striking
- Belfort’s Style – Boxing, BJJ
- Prediction – Logically, Jones should easily handle Belfort, with his reach and wrestling. On a purely emotional level, I want Belfort to hurt Jones then storm him with a flurry of punches that leaves Jon looking worse than Marvin Eastman (WARNING, GROSS IMAGE) after his fight with Belfort.