Welcome to Leg Kick TKO, a MMA blog that’s more abrasive than Dana White.
Check out the UFC 153 Weigh-Ins right here.
Preliminary Card (Facebook)
Lightweight – Cristiano Marcello vs. Reza “Mad Dog” Madadi
- Marcello’s Style – Brazilian jiu-jitsu
- Madadi’s Style – BJJ, wrestling
- Alternate Madadi Nicknames – “Who’s” Madadi, “Where’s” Madadi, etc.
- Prediction – Marcello’s BJJ is much better than Madadi’s, so I’m taking Marcello by submission
- Extra Notes – Marcello once fought Charles “Krazy Horse”Bennett backstage at a PRIDE event, and triangle choked Bennett into unconsciousness.
Middleweight – Luiz "Banha" Cane vs. Chris Camozzi
- Cane’s Style –Muay thai, BJJ, boxing
- Camozzi’s Style –BJJ
- Prediction –Cane's got really good boxing, I'm taking him by knockout.
Check out the rest of the card after the break
Preliminary Card (FX)
Welterweight – Sergio "Serginho" Moraes vs. Renee Forte
- Moraes’s Style –BJJ
- Forte’s Style –BJJ (I am guessing here, I don't know this dude)
- Prediction –I'll take Moraes by submission.
Featherweight – Diego "Ceara" Brandao vs. Joey "the Raging Warrior" Gambino
- Brandao’s Style –BJJ, Muay Thai
- Gambino’s Style –Freestyle (Another guess. I am bad at this!)
- Alternate Gambino Nicknames – “Childish” Gambino, “Bing-o Bang-o” Gambino
- Prediction –I'll take Diego to win by submission.
Lightweight – Gleison Tibau vs. Francisco "Massaranduba" Trinaldo
- Tibau’s Style –Wrestling, BJJ, weight cuts
- Alternate Tibau Nickname – “Tim” Tibau, whatever's Portuguese for "blanket"
- Trinaldo’s Style –Kickboxing (Sure, let's go with that)
- Prediction –Tibau by decision
- Extra Notes –Tibau might have weighed in for the fight at 155 on Friday, but I'm pretty sure he'll be at least 220 inside the cage.
Featherweight – Rony "Jason" Mariano Bezerra vs. Sam Sicilia
- Bezerra’s Style –BJJ, Muay Thai
- Sicilia’s Style –Boxing
- Prediction – This is a tough call for me, but I'll go with Sicilia by TKO.
- Extra Notes – Due to the pronunciation weirdness of Portuguese (Or at least Brazilian Portuguese), Bezerra's name and nickname is pronounced "Honey Jason". Also, Honey Jason cried walking TO the cage for his The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil finals fight. Do that AFTER you win, Honey.
Main Card (PPV)
Welterweight – Demian Maia vs. Rick “the Horror” Story
- Maia’s Style – BJJ
- Story’s Style –Wrestling, kickboxing
- Prediction –Maia's BJJ is really good. I don't think it's enough to get a submission, but enough to win the fight.
- Extra Notes – Maia jumped at and got killed by Nate Marquardt one time. Rick Story once got beat by unanimous decision by a guy that found out he was fighting the day before the fight took place.
Light Heavyweight – Phil “Mr. Wonderful” Davis vs. Wagner "Caldeirao" Prado
- Davis’s Style – Wrestling
- Prado’s Style –Muay Thai, BJJ
- Prediction –I really like Phil Davis, so I'll say he wins with a snazzy submission.
- Extra Notes –There's so much to like about Davis. He invents submissions during the middle of fights, he honors his stolen cat by taking its name as his nickname, he calls out Octagon girls for not showing him love, he stops training to save a ladybug, and he plays it cool when idiots confuse him for Jon Jones.
Welterweight – Jon Fitch vs. Erick "Indio" Silva
- Fitch’s Style – Wrestling
- Silva’s Style –Muay Thai, BJJ
- Prediction –I think Fitch will Fitch the dog mess outta Silva for a decision victory.
- Extra Notes –Jon Fitch was once on Mythbusters for help on a myth involving punching power. This is hilarious because Jon Fitch does not punch things, ever. Also, one time, Fitch got knocked out and tried to wrestle referee Steve Mazzagatti when he woke up. Erick Silva is trained by Wallid Ismail, who is great because he's a crazy person.
Light Heavyweight – Glover Teixeira vs. Fabio Maldonado
- Teixeira’s Style –Boxing, BJJ
- Maldonado’s Style – Boxing
- Prediction –I'll take Maldonado to TKO Teixeira.
- Extra Notes –This should be a fun fight. Maldonado hates ribs and throws horrifying body shots on dudes, and I think roughly forty guys have turned down fights with Teixeira leading up to this fight.
Heavyweight – Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira vs. Dave "Pee Wee" Herman
- Nogueira’s Style – BJJ, boxing
- Herman’s Style –Boxing
- Prediction –Big Nog is going to submit Herman because everyone likes Big Nog and Herman is a dumb dork.
- Extra Notes –I really hope Dave Herman doesn't let his body hair grow out like he did for his fight with Stefan Struve. That was way gross.
Light Heavyweight – Anderson “the Spider” Silva vs. Stephan“the American Psycho” Bonnar
- Silva’s Style – Muay Thai, BJJ
- Bonnar’s Style – BJJ, boxing
- Prediction –I really want Bonnar to win because I think he's a cool dude. Anderson Silva is crazy good, though, and as much as it hurts my heart, I think Silva will win, though at best, it'll be a cut stoppage, Bonnar is un-knockout-able.
- Extra Notes –Time for the Stephan Bonnar Appreciation Station! Stephan Bonnar is a pretty funny dude, with an entrepreneurial spirit, and he was involved in one of the most important fights in UFC history. He is really cool and I will be really sad when Anderson Silva does a bunch of punchings to his face.