Welp, it's time for everyone to grab their best black finery and get out the vigil candles, Strikeforce is on its deathbed. The last ever event is set for tomorrow night, and after the initial promise of multiple title defenses, everyone ended up getting hurt so now the card is a shambles of random folk fighting established names. Strikeforce isn't going down with a fight, it's curling up in a ditch, belly full of turpentine and anti-freeze, and hoping to go peacefully in its sleep.
Farewell, Strikeforce, you had some cool fights!
Preliminary Card - Unaired (I'm not sure if Showtime or Strikeforce is to be blamed, but they are both A Bad)
Lightweight - Michael Bravo vs Estevan "El Terrible" Payan
- Bravo's Style - Striking
- Payan's Style - Freestyle
- Prediction - Payan, I guess. I don't know anything about these guys.
Lightweight - Jorge Gurgel vs Adriano Martins
- Gurgel's Style - Not using jiu-jitsu
- Martins's Style - Striking
- Prediction - If Gurgel tries to Stand and also Bang, he'll probably lose by KO. He does that a lot, so that's my pick.
- Thoughts - I wonder how long until Jorge is the third-best fighter in his family (Behind wife Zoila and sister-in-law Stephanie Frausto)
Preliminary Card - Showtime Extreme
Lightweight - Ryan Couture vs "King" KJ Noons
- Couture's Style - BJJ, wrestling
- Noons's Style - Striking, hair adjustments
- Prediction - Couture will do a bunch of grapples and Noons will flip his hair over his ears a lot.
- Thoughts - Randy's dumb weiner kid versus a fellow dumb weiner? Blugh at this fight.
Middleweight - Tim Kennedy vs Trevor "Hot Sauce" Smith
- Kennedy's Style - Army
- Smith's Style - BJJ
- Prediction - Kennedy by TKO.
- Thoughts - Kennedy is a cool dude.
Middleweight - Roger Gracie vs Anthony "Lionheart" Smith
- Gracie's Style - BJJ
- Smith's Style - Freestyle
- Prediction - Gracie by submission
Lightweight - Pat "Bam Bam" Healy vs Kurt Holobaugh
- Healy's Style - Submissions
- Holobaugh's Style - Submissions
- Prediction - Healy by decision
Main Card - Showtime
Catchweight (194)/Franklinweight - Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza vs Ed "Short Fuse" Herman
- Souza's Style - BJJ
- Herman's Style - BJJ
- Prediction - Souza by submission
Light Heavyweight - Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi vs Mike "MAK" Kyle
- Mousasi's Style - Kickboxing
- Kyle's Style - Striking
- Prediction - Mousasi by decision
- Thoughts - Fuck Mike Kyle
Heavyweight - Josh "The Warmaster" Barnett vs Nandor "The Hun" Guelmino
- Barnett's Style - Catch wrestling, pro wrestling
- Guelmino's Style - Submissions
- Prediction - Barnett by Bow and Arrow hold
- Thoughts - Barnett is awesome at open workouts and promos
Heavyweight - Daniel "DC" Cormier vs Dion "Soldier" Staring
- Cormier's Style - Wrestling
- Staring's Style - Kickboxing
- Prediction - Cormier by TKO
- Thoughts - Here are two Dion Staring facts: 1. He lost to a man named Can and 2. He has defeated one current UFC fighter, Featherweight Akira Corassani.
Welterweight Title - Nate "The Great" Marquardt vs Tarrec "Sponge" Saffiedine
- Marquardt's Style - Punch-kicks, kick-punches
- Saffiedine's Style - Karate
- Prediction - Marquardt by crazy-ass KO.