Welcome to Leg Kick TKO, a MMA blog that’s shadier than PRIDE.
UFC's running a free card from England tomorrow, which is good, but it's not on tape delay to the US, so prelim fights start at like 1:30 ET. Normally when I do an event primer I cover the entire card, but I've got to be honest, there are a lot of dudes on the undercard that I don't know anything about (This isn't really that different from most cards, I'm just using it as an excuse to be lazy), so I'll just cover the main card.
Welterweight: “Beautiful” Che Mills vs. Duane “Bang” Ludwig
- Mills’s Style – Muay Thai
- Ludwig’s Style – Kickboxing
- Prediction – Ludwig will do a knockout upon Mills to make the Englishers sad.
- Thoughts – Ludwig is way cool, because he’s got one of the fastest knockouts in UFC history against JohnathanGoulet, plus he did the crane kick pose while beating the crap out of ShadSmith one time.
Welterweight: John “the Hitman” Hathaway vs. John Maguire
- Hathaway’s Style – Freestyle
- Maguire’s Style – Gypsy Jiu-Jitsu
- Prediction – Maguire via submission
Lightweight: Paul “Sassangle” Sass vs. “Handsome” Matt Wiman
- Sass’s Style – Jiu-jitsu, Luta livre
- Wiman’s Style – Brazilian jiu-jitsu
- Prediction – Sass by triangle/heel hook combo, since those are the only ways he wins fights.
Bantamweight: Brad “One Punch” Pickett vs. Yves “Tiger” Jabouin
- Pickett’s Style – Striking
- Jabouin’s Style – Striking
- Prediction – I’m taking Pickett by knockout
Welterweight: Dan “the Outlaw” Hardy vs. Amir Sadollah
- Hardy’s Style – Boxing, child fighting
- Sadollah’s Style – Muay Thai
- Prediction – Sadollah will outpoint Hardy to a decision. He might do some wrestling to Hardy, too.
Heavyweight: Stefan “Skyscraper” Struve vs. Stipe Miocic
- Struve’s Style – Jiu-jitsu, tall
- Miocic’s Style – Wrestle-boxing, baseball
- Prediction – Struve with a submission on Miocic
- Thoughts – Struve falls down in funny ways a lot